4th of July Recipe Requests Answered
When the KitchenDaily editors gathered together to start brainstorming 4th of July food stories, we had one of those "oh, DUH!" moments. Instead of us siting around a table trying to imagine what you, our loyal readers, want, why don't we just ask?
So via Twitter and Facebook we found out what recipes you want to make this Independence Day, and we've rounded up everything you've requested -- from basic burgers to homemade ice cream -- as well as articles loaded with tips to help you create a delicious summer celebration.
"We want burgers and dogs!"
On 4th of July, who doesn't?!
• Hamburgers with Herbed Butter recipe
• Classic All-American Bacon Cheeseburgers
• Build-Your-Own-Burger Bar
• Spanish Pork Burgers
• Honey Mustard Turkey Burgers
• 16 Tips for the Perfect Buger
• Classic Dogs
• Hot Dogs and Spicy Slaw
• Chicago-Style Hot Dogs
• Foot-Long Hot Dog on Baguette with Tomato Sauce
• Chili Dogs with Cream Coleslaw
• Grilling 101
"Salsa.....Fruit salsa, veg salsa, spicy salsa."
Salsa is a great way to add flavor and color to any protein -- chicken, pork, fish, even steak...
• Mango salsa
• How to Cut and Peel a Mango
• Peach Salsa
• Verano Fresco Salsa
• How to Peel and Seed Tomatoes
• Salsa Verde
• Tropical Salsa
• Salsa Cruda
• How to Cut and Seed Chiles
"Good potato salad and pasta salad, please."
We agree no holiday cookout is complete without them....
• Homemade Potato Salad
• Country Potato Salad
• Apple Potato Salad
• Emeril's Warm Weather Potato Salad
• Old Fashioned Creamy Potato Salad
• Pea and Macaroni Salad
• Garden Pasta Salad
• Corn and Tomato Pasta Salad
• Lemon Dill Pasta Salad
• Greek Style Pasta Salad
"Homemade Ice Cream."
Homemade ice cream is really easy to make (we swear!) and the flavor blows away most storebought varieties. The trick is to keep the ice-cream maker liner in the freezer all the time so it's ready when you're in the mood.
• Homemade Peaches and Cream Ice Cream
• Crunchy Buttermilk Ice Cream
• Mocha Fudge Swirl Ice Cream
• Rocky Road Ice Cream
• Delicious Blackberry Ice Cream