Oatmeal Buttermilk Cinnamon Pancakes
Doron SchlairShane Kelly takes comfort food favorites, like this Oatmeal Buttermilk Cinnamon Pancakes recipe, and makes them more wholesome. This recipe transforms cake-like classic pancakes into a hearty, nutritious meal that won't leave you feeling tired and full.
Kelly's cakes are low in sugar, but the addition of maple syrup means they're still plenty sweet enough to satisfy. To boost the nutrition of the cakes, she soaks the oats in buttermilk overnight to break the grains down and make it easier for your body to assimilate the nutrition in the oats. Cinnamon gives the pancakes a welcome hint of spice.
Get Shane Kelly's Oatmeal Buttermilk Cinnamon Pancake recipe.
More Great Breakfast Ideas
- Do you flip over flapjacks? Get more great pancake recipes and breakfast and brunch recipes.
- Get a month of pancake recipe ideas.
- See Marcus Samuelsson prepare his famous chocolate pancakes.
- Mix some fruit into your cakes with these cranberry pear pancakes.
- Try another savvy pancake makeover from That's Fit.