The Best Bottled Iced Coffee: Our Taste Test Results
Joseph Erdos, AOL
When you're craving a shot of energy in the morning (or afternoon, or night ...), you crave it right now. You want something you can just throw back with no effort, but it takes too long to brew up a pot of coffee and wait for it to chill down. This is when store-bought iced coffees come into play.
The KitchenDaily editors tasted the top-selling brands in the United States to determine which is the best! Bottled coffees aren't exactly our first choice when it comes to methods of self-caffeinating, because most options are so sugary and milky that they borderline on becoming chocolate milk. We'd rather have a homemade cup of joe, but we realize it's not always possible -- so we put these quicker options to the test.
So ... what's the best option? Check out our review of nine different brands below to see what we thought. How does your favorite stack up? Let us know in the comments section below.
Note: As with all of our taste tests, the brands involved have no affiliation with KitchenDaily, and have not sponsored the experiment.
Click Arrows to See The Taste Test Results
- #1: Bustelo -- Cool Premium Beverages
- #2: Illy -- Issimo Italian Espresso Style Coffee Drink
- #3: Seattle's Best Coffee -- Premium Coffee Drink
- Tied for #4: Starbucks -- Double Shot Premium Coffee Drink
- Tied for #4: Wolfgang Puck -- Culinary Iced Coffee
- #5: Emmi -- Caffe Latte
- #6: Starbucks -- Frappuccino
- #7: Starbucks -- Double Shot Energy + Coffee
- #8: Adina -- Barista Brews