10 Light Indian-Inspired Recipes
New Media Publishing Want to prepare healthy meals without banishing flavor from your kitchen? Indian cuisine is your answer! Many Indian dishes are loaded with spices and aromatics like garlic and ginger, which give your food personality without upping its calorie quotient. Even better, these key ingredients have all kinds of health benefits, too. Turmeric, for instance, has been shown to help keep your cancer risk low, and fresh ginger is a good source of minerals like potassium and magnesium.
Homemade Indian food is also much lighter than the kind you'll come across on most restaurant menus, which is cooked in clarified butter or heavy cream. Below, we have ten easy and exotic recipes to experiment with, from Chicken Tikka Masala to Indian Split Pea Soup with Tofu and Cilantro and Green Lentil Curry.
Click the Arrows to Browse the Recipes
- Green-Lentil Curry
- Indian Spiced Shrimp
- Grilled Tandoori-Style Chicken Drumsticks
- Indian Split Pea Soup with Tofu and Cilantro
- Chicken Curry with Squash
- Madras Cauliflower
- Indian-Spiced Kale and Chickpeas
- Quick Chicken Tikka Masala
- Spicy Stewed Potatoes and Spinach with Buttermilk
- Basmati Rice and Curry Casserole