Fall Dinner Recipes
Fall is when we start pulling cold-weather dishes out of our recipe collections, and we've rounded up some hearty fall dinner recipes that take the chill off, from minestrone to prosciutto-wrapped chicken.
Fall Dinner Recipes• Autumn Minestrone Soup: This classic Italian vegetable soup takes on a distinctive and filling fall spin with the inclusion of butternut squash, carrots, and rutabaga.
• Chicken Sausage and Swiss Chard Pie: This recipe is a great way to try Chard, if it's not part of your normal veg rotation. And the pastry crust looks fancy but couldn't be easier -- it's made out of store-bought puff pastry!
• Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Cider Sauce: This is an incredibly simple recipe, and a favorite among our readers. And fall is the perfect time to make it, as apple cider is all over the supermarkets and farmers markets.
• On A Winter's Day Pizza: Pizza and pasta authority Evan Kleiman calls this a winter pizza, but we think it represents fall pretty perfectly, too, topped with butternuts squash, blue cheese, and walnuts (seriously, try it -- it's amazing!)
• Proscuitto-Wrapped Chicken Breast with Mashed Cauliflower: Thinly sliced prosciutto can elevate ordinary chicken into an elegant meal, and if you've been looking for something new to do with cauliflower, mashing is it. This dish is a showstopper.
• Mushroom Lover's Risotto: Mushrooms are high in niacin -- one of the essential vitamins responsible for healthy cholesterol levels -- because it can help regulate the flow of fat in the blood stream. And this is a simple recipe to pull off during the week.
Related Articles• Browse all fall recipes.
• Brush up on your cold-weather cooking skills: Watch our video on how to roast vegetables.
• Learn to make soup without a recipe.
• Get fall craft ideas over at Holidash.