Apple & Mango Strudel
This Caribbean-inspired dessert is the next best thing to an island vacation. Just close your eyes and try a bite...you'll see what we mean.
Heat the oven to 375°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Stir the sugar, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg and allspice in a large bowl. Add the apples and mango and toss to coat.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 16x12-inch rectangle. With the short side facing you, spoon the apple mixture onto the bottom half of the pastry to within 1 inch of the edge. Starting at the short side, roll up like a jelly roll. Place the filled pastry seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Tuck the ends under to seal. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Cut several slits in the top of the pastry.
Bake for 35 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let the pastry cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar.
Add a Comment
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
10 Vintage Styles That Really Need To Come Back
Andrew McCutchen Proposes To Girlfriend On 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' (VIDEO)
11-Year-Old Boy Stops Traffic To Rescue Dog Hit By Car (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips
- Healthy Ways to Fix Unhealthy Home Decorating Habits