Baked Fruit Compote
This recipe was given to Associate Food Editor Ellen Greene by her friend Renate Elias many years ago. It's served along with the main course, but often ends up on dessert plates, too.
Heat oven to 350°F. Have ready a 2- to 21⁄2-qt shallow baking dish.
Dissolve sugar in wine. Put dried and canned fruits in baking dish, add wine mixture and stir to mix. Cover with foil.
Bake 1 hour, or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Uncover, cool and transfer to serving dish; cover and refrigerate overnight.
Serve cold or at room temperature.
Planning Tip: Can be made up to 1 week ahead. Refrigerate covered.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Mexican Teen Reportedly Injects Krokodil Into Genitals
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
Paris Hilton: 'No One F---s With My Family And Gets Away With It'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have