Baked Fruit Compote
This recipe was given to Associate Food Editor Ellen Greene by her friend Renate Elias many years ago. It's served along with the main course, but often ends up on dessert plates, too.
Heat oven to 350°F. Have ready a 2- to 21⁄2-qt shallow baking dish.
Dissolve sugar in wine. Put dried and canned fruits in baking dish, add wine mixture and stir to mix. Cover with foil.
Bake 1 hour, or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Uncover, cool and transfer to serving dish; cover and refrigerate overnight.
Serve cold or at room temperature.
Planning Tip: Can be made up to 1 week ahead. Refrigerate covered.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
'Lick This' App Teaches Oral Sex Via Phone-Licking
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses