Try any of these variations:
Jalapeno Cornbread. Stir one minced jalapeno into mixture with the corn kernels.
Blueberry Cornbread. Substitute 3/4 cup frozen, unthawed blueberries or fresh blueberries for the corn kernels and brown sugar for the granulated sugar. Sprinkle batter with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar before baking.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 8" baking pan. In a large bowl, whisk together homemade baking mix, cornmeal, and sugar together until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and beaten eggs. Fold the buttermilk mixture into the cornmeal mixture. Gently stir in the corn kernels.
Spread the cornbread mixture into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Brush the cornbread with the melted butter. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
8 Couples Who Don't Take The Whole Wedding Thing Too Seriously
'Fashion Police' Mocks Pregnant Elsa Pataky's Oscars Look, Jokes About Her 'Beer Belly'
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
Kevin Spacey Proves Just How Ridiculous Female Celebrity Questions Are
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses