Try any of these variations:
Jalapeno Cornbread. Stir one minced jalapeno into mixture with the corn kernels.
Blueberry Cornbread. Substitute 3/4 cup frozen, unthawed blueberries or fresh blueberries for the corn kernels and brown sugar for the granulated sugar. Sprinkle batter with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar before baking.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 8" baking pan. In a large bowl, whisk together homemade baking mix, cornmeal, and sugar together until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and beaten eggs. Fold the buttermilk mixture into the cornmeal mixture. Gently stir in the corn kernels.
Spread the cornbread mixture into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Brush the cornbread with the melted butter. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Add a Comment
If Only All Moms Could Breastfeed Like Gisele
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
WestJet Finds Out What Passengers Want For Christmas, Leaves Presents At Baggage Claim (VIDEO)
Jennifer Smith Changed How She Thought About Food And Lost 165 Pounds
11-Year-Old Boy Stops Traffic To Rescue Dog Hit By Car (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have