Beef Burgers with Red Onion Marmalade and Blue Cheese
To make the marmalade: Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking until the onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle the sugar over the onions. Add the wine and vinegar and bring to a simmer.
Simmer until the liquid has evaporated and the mixture becomes slightly syrupy, about 10 minutes. Season the marmalade to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm until serving. Meanwhile, make the aioli: Finely chop the garlic clove in a food processor. Add the yolks, vinegar, and mustard and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. With the machine running, slowly add the oil in a thin steady stream until the aïoli is thick and creamy. Season the aïoli to taste with salt and pepper.
To make the burgers: Using a 4-inch-diameter ring mold, form the ground meat into four 8-ounce patties on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Flatten the patties so they are slightly larger than the diameter of the buns.
Turn the patties over and top with the cheese. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes for medium-rare doneness. If necessary, close the grill to help melt the cheese.
Using a serrated knife, split the buns in half. While the burgers are cooking, brush the cut sides of the buns lightly with olive oil and grill, oiled side down, until lightly toasted with grill marks, about 1 minute. Remove the buns and burgers from the grill and allow the burgers to rest for 3 minutes.
Mound the arugula over the bun bottoms. Spoon the aïoli atop the arugula. Place the burgers atop the arugula and aïoli. Top with a generous amount of the red onion marmalade, and then the bun tops.
Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Bacon and Gorgonzola Cornbread Sliders with Chipotle Mayo
- Spice-Rubbed Brisket with Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
Articles Like ThisMore Articles »
Add a Comment
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
- 5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses