Black Bean Quesadilla
Place the tofu a large colander inside the sink and set a heavy saucepot directly on top of the tofu. Allow to drain about 1 hour until the tofu has shrunk slightly in size and a lot of the moisture has trained off. Cut into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the oil and the tofu. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the tofu and reduce the heat to med-high.
Cook the tofu with the spices for 3-4 minutes, flipping occasionally with a spatula. Reduce the heat slightly if the spices begin to burn. Add the beans and the vegetable broth and simmer for 10 minutes or until the liquid reduces a sauce begins to form.
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Cover a baking sheet with foil. Spray one side of half the tortillas with cooking spray and lay on the baking sheet. Divide cheese amongst the tortillas and spoon the tofu mixture over the cheese. Place the remaining tortillas on top and coat with cooking spray.
Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the tops are golden and the cheese has melted. Slice and serve immediately.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
- Tea-Smoked Tofu with Pepper and Pork (Yan Dou Fu Gan Zhao Cai)
Add a Comment
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
If Only All Moms Could Breastfeed Like Gisele
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
10 Vintage Styles That Really Need To Come Back
11-Year-Old Boy Stops Traffic To Rescue Dog Hit By Car (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar