BLT with Avocado and Pink Chili Mayo
A BLT is one of life's simple pleasures, thanks to a perfect combination of flavors and textures -- cool fresh lettuce, juicy sweet tomatoes, crisp salty bacon, and rich mayonnaise. It's hard to imagine any improvements. But somehow Gail has managed to do just that with the addition of silky avocado and a little kick of chile heat.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place bacon slices out in a single flat layer on a roasting tray and place in the oven. Cook for 17-18 minutes until bacon is crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
Prepare mayo by combining mayonnaise, lemon juice, sriracha and salt in a mixing bowl and stir well.
To assemble sandwiches lay bread out on a cutting board olive oil side up and smear both pieces with pink chili mayo. Top one piece of bread with lettuce, avocado slices and tomato. Season with salt and pepper then top with crispy bacon. Top with the other piece of bread, mayonnaise-side down. Slice in half and serve.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
Add a Comment
This Girl's Reaction To 'Engagement Season' Is Pretty Much Perfect
Anne Hathaway In 'Sound Of Music Live'? Von Trapp Family Reveals Their Ideal Choice For Maria
Obama Faces Backlash Over New Corporate Powers In Secret Trade Deal
Selena Gomez Curses, Storms Off Stage At Jingle Ball 2013
Britney Spears On 'Chaotic': 'The Worst Thing I've Done In My Career'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- This Incredibly Popular 'Food' Instagram Is Not What It Seems
- 18 Biggest Baking Mishaps and How To Avoid Them
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have