BLT with Avocado and Pink Chili Mayo
A BLT is one of life's simple pleasures, thanks to a perfect combination of flavors and textures -- cool fresh lettuce, juicy sweet tomatoes, crisp salty bacon, and rich mayonnaise. It's hard to imagine any improvements. But somehow Gail has managed to do just that with the addition of silky avocado and a little kick of chile heat.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place bacon slices out in a single flat layer on a roasting tray and place in the oven. Cook for 17-18 minutes until bacon is crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
Toast the 8 slices of bread until golden and just crispy.
Prepare mayo by combining mayonnaise, lemon juice, sriracha and salt in a mixing bowl and stir well.
To assemble sandwiches lay bread out on a cutting board olive oil side up and smear both pieces with pink chili mayo. Top one piece of bread with lettuce, avocado slices and tomato. Season with salt and pepper then top with crispy bacon. Top with the other piece of bread, mayonnaise-side down. Slice in half and serve.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
Add a Comment
Drummer Lee Rigby Identified As Killed Soldier In London Attack
Ingrid Loyau-Kennett, Scout Leader, Reasoned With London Attackers
- Tiger's Basketball-sized Hairball Removed By Surgeons (VIDEO)
- Oklahoma Tornado: Bank Vault Saves 22 People From Storm's Destruction (PHOTOS)
Demi Moore Bikini: Ashton Kutcher's Ex Flaunts Killer Abs In A Tiny Two-Piece (PHOTO)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Staff Picks: Our Favorite Spring Produce
- Los Angeles: Eat the Huaraches and Gorditas at Antojitos Carmen