Broccoli with Creamy Parmesan Sauce
Topping steamed broccoli with a good-for-you cheese sauce is an easy way to entice picky eaters to eat their veggies.
1. Trim 1/2 inch off broccoli stalks; remove the tough outer layer with a vegetable peeler. Cut the broccoli lengthwise so the florets attached to the long stalks are 1 to 2 inches wide. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a Dutch oven fitted with a steamer basket. Steam the broccoli until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk flour and 1/4 cup milk in a small bowl until smooth. Heat the remaining 3/4 cup milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat until steaming. Whisk in the flour mixture; cook, whisking, until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; add cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg (if using). Drizzle over the broccoli. Serve warm.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||95||Calories from fat||27|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Lindsay Lohan Poses In Cutout Swimsuit While In Miami
These Celebrity Weddings Of 2013 Took Our Breath Away
Ja Rule Responds To Gay Rumors, Denies Leaving His Wife For Prison Cellmate
Rashida Jones: '2013 Was The Year Of The Very Visible Vagina'
Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have