Butternut Squash Soup with Crème Friache and Walnut Gremolata
For the Gremolata:
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Soup:
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Cover a medium sized roasting pan with tin foil and lay the halved butternut squash cut side down. Roast the squash in the oven for 40 minutes or until the flesh is very tender. When cool enough to handle, scoop the squash flesh from the skin and reserve until ready to use.
In a large heavy-bottomed pot begin melting the butter and sauté the garlic, pepper and onion until translucent. Then add in the roasted squash, vegetable broth, and lime juice, simmer for 10 minutes stirring frequently. Using a handheld immersion blender or regular blender (work in batches if necessary), puree the soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle the soup into 4 bowls and garnish with a dollop of crème friache and a sprinkle of Gremolata.
- Paul's Baked Squash Dinner with a Salad of Radicchio, Walnuts, and Parmesan
- Rich Chocolate Cake with Salty Dulce de Leche & Hazelnut Brittle
- Capunti Pasta with Dried Sweet Italian Peppers (Capunti Con Cruschi)
Add a Comment
Mexican Teen Reportedly Injects Krokodil Into Genitals
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
This Girl's Reaction To 'Engagement Season' Is Pretty Much Perfect
Paris Hilton: 'No One F---s With My Family And Gets Away With It'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have