Buttery Apple Loaf Cake
Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 x 5 x 3-in. loaf pan with nonstick spray.
Streusel: Stir ingredients in a medium bowl with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
Cake: Stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl until blended.
Beat eggs in a medium bowl with a fork just to blend. Stir in butter and milk to combine. Add to flour mixture and fold with a rubber spatula just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon half the batter into prepared pan; spread to cover bottom. Sprinkle with 1/2 the apples and 1/2 the streusel. Spoon on remaining batter, spreading to cover. Sprinkle with 1/2 the streusel, the remaining apples and then the remaining streusel.
Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Run a knife around sides; invert cake onto rack. Turn streusel side up and let cool completely.
Planning Tip: Can be made up to 1 day ahead. Store, covered, at room temperature.
Melting the butter for the streusel makes a crunchier topping.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||545||Calories from fat||225|
|Total Fat||25gm||38%||Saturated Fat||15gm||75%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Obama Pushes Obamacare Enrollment On 'Between Two Ferns' With Zach Galifianakis
What Happens When 20 Strangers Are Paired Off And Asked To Kiss? Magic
Charlie The Dog's Life Saved By Drinking Vodka
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses