Buttery Apple Loaf Cake
Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 x 5 x 3-in. loaf pan with nonstick spray.
Streusel: Stir ingredients in a medium bowl with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
Cake: Stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl until blended.
Beat eggs in a medium bowl with a fork just to blend. Stir in butter and milk to combine. Add to flour mixture and fold with a rubber spatula just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon half the batter into prepared pan; spread to cover bottom. Sprinkle with 1/2 the apples and 1/2 the streusel. Spoon on remaining batter, spreading to cover. Sprinkle with 1/2 the streusel, the remaining apples and then the remaining streusel.
Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Run a knife around sides; invert cake onto rack. Turn streusel side up and let cool completely.
Planning Tip: Can be made up to 1 day ahead. Store, covered, at room temperature.
Melting the butter for the streusel makes a crunchier topping.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||545||Calories from fat||225|
|Total Fat||25gm||38%||Saturated Fat||15gm||75%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Mexican Teen Reportedly Injects Krokodil Into Genitals
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
50 Things You Didn't Know Your iPhone Could Do
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have