Lightly grease and flour an 8-inch springform pan. Tap out excess flour. Wrap outside of pan with heavy-duty foil, molding it tightly around pan to prevent water from seeping in.
In a food processor, process ricotta cheese, scraping down sides once or twice, until smooth.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and orange peel until blended. Stir in ricotta until blended and smooth.
Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Carefully place pan into the pan of hot water. Bake 11/2 hours or until top is golden and cake pulls away slightly from side of pan (middle may jiggle slightly when pressed gently).
Turn off oven; prop oven door open about 1 inch. Let cake cool in oven about 45 minutes. Remove pan from water, then remove foil. Set pan on a wire rack to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours, or overnight.
Up to 3 hours before serving, run a long thin knife around edge of pan to loosen cake. Remove sides of pan. Brush top of cake with half the melted preserves. Top with a layer of orange slices and brush with remaining preserves. Sprinkle with pistachio nuts.
In this ricotta-and-chocolate-chip spin on the popular Italian-pastry filling, most of the chips end up in a delicious layer on the bottom of the cake.
Make Ahead: The cooled baked cake can be refrigerated, wrapped airtight, up to 1 week. Decorate with the topping just before serving.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||309||Calories from fat||135|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Jennifer Smith Changed How She Thought About Food And Lost 165 Pounds
Inside The Mind Of The Teenage Boy
Fired Founder: Men's Wearhouse 'Began Throwing Me Out Of My Office'
Kelly Clarkson Responds To Cheating Rumors With Twitter Blast
Britney Spears On 'Chaotic': 'The Worst Thing I've Done In My Career'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Taming the Outdoors: How To Pick the Perfect Christmas Tree
- 15 Ideas For A Black And White Christmas