Lightly grease and flour an 8-inch springform pan. Tap out excess flour. Wrap outside of pan with heavy-duty foil, molding it tightly around pan to prevent water from seeping in.
In a food processor, process ricotta cheese, scraping down sides once or twice, until smooth.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and orange peel until blended. Stir in ricotta until blended and smooth.
Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Carefully place pan into the pan of hot water. Bake 11/2 hours or until top is golden and cake pulls away slightly from side of pan (middle may jiggle slightly when pressed gently).
Turn off oven; prop oven door open about 1 inch. Let cake cool in oven about 45 minutes. Remove pan from water, then remove foil. Set pan on a wire rack to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours, or overnight.
Up to 3 hours before serving, run a long thin knife around edge of pan to loosen cake. Remove sides of pan. Brush top of cake with half the melted preserves. Top with a layer of orange slices and brush with remaining preserves. Sprinkle with pistachio nuts.
In this ricotta-and-chocolate-chip spin on the popular Italian-pastry filling, most of the chips end up in a delicious layer on the bottom of the cake.
Make Ahead: The cooled baked cake can be refrigerated, wrapped airtight, up to 1 week. Decorate with the topping just before serving.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||309||Calories from fat||135|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
- 5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses