Captiva Shrimp & Chicken Salad
Mango”diced and pureed”gives chicken and shrimp a tropical flavor jolt. But don't be upset that the recipe only uses half a mango; that leaves some for tonight's dessert or tomorrow's breakfast (eat it plain or stir it into yogurt). Better yet, blend it into a margarita (virgin or not) to enjoy with your meal.
1. Place chicken in a small skillet or saucepan and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce to low and simmer gently until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and use two forks to shred into bite-size pieces. Chill in a medium bowl in the refrigerator while preparing the rest of the salad.
2. Place 2 tablespoons mango, lime zest and juice, oil, rum, hot sauce, mint, garlic and salt in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
3. Add spinach, shrimp and the remaining mango to the cooked chicken. Add the dressing and toss gently to combine.
Tip: To dice a mango:
1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 2 Total|
|Calories from fat||54||Total Fat||6gm||9%|
|Saturated Fat||1gm||5%||Mono Unsaturated Fat||3gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
'Fashion Police' Mocks Pregnant Elsa Pataky's Oscars Look, Jokes About Her 'Beer Belly'
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
Kevin Spacey Proves Just How Ridiculous Female Celebrity Questions Are
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses