Provided By: Ruth Cousineau
Charoset plays an important part on the Seder plate, representing mortar with which the pyramids were made. It is a surprisingly delicious mixture and I always make a large batch for later in the week. Try the leftovers with Matzo Meal Pancakes and maple syrup.
Finely grate apples on large holes of a 4-sided grater (no need to core apples: just grate all around until you reach the core). Toss with remaining ingredients in a bowl. Let stand 1 hour for flavor to develop, then chill, covered, until ready to use.
Cooks Notes: Makes 4 cups (8 half-cup servings). Charoset can be made up to 5 days ahead and kept, chilled, covered.
Add a Comment
These Celebrity Weddings Of 2013 Took Our Breath Away
Marijuana In Wendy's Burger Was 'Misplaced' By Employee Amy Seiber: Cops (PHOTO)
Jada Pinkett Smith Rocked A Bikini This Thanksgiving While You Were Stuffing Your Face
Who Is Paul Walker's Girlfriend Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell?
Jessica Simpson Wears Tight Floral Dress To Footwear News Achievement Awards
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have