Cherry Tomato and Bocconcini Salad with Pesto
To make the pesto:
Grind the basil, pine nuts, and grated Parmesan cheese with a mortar and pestle until a smooth paste forms. (If you don't have a mortar and pestle, use a food processor instead.)
Slowly add the olive oil, grinding until a smooth sauce forms.
Season the pesto with salt and pepper to taste.
To make the salad:
Place the tomatoes and mozzarella in a large mixing bowl with enough of the pesto to coat.
Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper and toss once more before serving.
Spoon the salad into a large serving bowl and garnish with the parmesan shavings and basil leaves and serve.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Mezzelune dolci (Half-Moon-Shape Sweet Pasta Filled with Candied Fruit)
Add a Comment
Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Obama Pushes Obamacare Enrollment On 'Between Two Ferns' With Zach Galifianakis
Charlie The Dog's Life Saved By Drinking Vodka
Michele Bachmann Claims Gay People Have 'Bullied The American People'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses