Cherry Tomato and Bocconcini Salad with Pesto
To make the pesto:
Grind the basil, pine nuts, and grated Parmesan cheese with a mortar and pestle until a smooth paste forms. (If you don't have a mortar and pestle, use a food processor instead.)
Slowly add the olive oil, grinding until a smooth sauce forms.
Season the pesto with salt and pepper to taste.
To make the salad:
Place the tomatoes and mozzarella in a large mixing bowl with enough of the pesto to coat.
Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper and toss once more before serving.
Spoon the salad into a large serving bowl and garnish with the parmesan shavings and basil leaves and serve.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Mezzelune dolci (Half-Moon-Shape Sweet Pasta Filled with Candied Fruit)
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Lindsay Lohan Poses In Cutout Swimsuit While In Miami
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have