Chicken & Sausage Gumbo
On those cold days when you're looking for a warm and satisfying dish, this is the recipe to turn to. Turkey kielbasa and a little hot pepper sauce add great flavor to this Louisiana-style stew...and your family will love it!
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and kielbasa in 2 batches and cook until they're well browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken and kielbasa from the skillet and set aside.
Add the remaining oil and heat over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper and celery and cook until they're tender.
Stir the soup, water, hot sauce and filé powder in the skillet. Return the chicken and kielbasa to the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Serve over the rice.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total|
|Calories||481||Calories from fat||144|
|Vitamin A||6%||Vitamin C||23%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
8 Couples Who Don't Take The Whole Wedding Thing Too Seriously
Kate Middleton's Date-Night Outfit Has Us Drooling
Kevin Spacey Proves Just How Ridiculous Female Celebrity Questions Are
An Otter Attacked An Alligator, And Then Ate It (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses