Chicken Cutlet with Aged Jack Cheese Crust and Spinach Salad
Using a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast between sheets of plastic wrap to about 1/4-inch thickness.
Place the flour in a pie plate. Lightly whisk the eggs in a second pie plate to blend.
Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together in a third pie plate.
Sprinkle the chicken cutlets generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
Working with one chicken cutlet at a time, dip the cutlets into the flour to coat lightly, then into the eggs, and lastly, dip them into the breadcrumb mixture and pat firmly to coat completely.
Place the coated chicken cutlets on a baking sheet or a plate lined with waxed paper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter with 1 tablespoon of the oil in each of 2 large nonstick frying pans or griddle pans over medium heat.
Add 2 chicken cutlets to each pan and cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
Turn the chicken cutlets over and melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1/2 tablespoon of oil around the cutlets in each pan. Continue cooking until the chicken cutlets are golden brown on the bottom and just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Transfer the chicken cutlets to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil and butter.
Whisk the honey, vinegar, and Dijon mustard in a medium bowl to blend. Slowly add the oil while constantly whisking. Stir in the chives.
Season the vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss the spinach leaves with enough vinaigrette to coat, reserving some vinaigrette to spoon over the chicken.
Mound the spinach salad on 4 plates. Cut the chicken cutlets on a sharp diagonal in half. Arrange the chicken on the spinach salad.
Drizzle the reserved vinaigrette over the chicken and serve.
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Mustard-Garlic Chicken Paillards with Spring Peas and Lemon
- Pulled Barbecued Chicken Panini with Swiss and Red Onion
Add a Comment
Oklahoma City Tornado 2013: Storms Tear Across Central U.S. (LIVE UPDATES, PHOTOS, VIDEO)
Justin Bieber Booed At Billboard Music Awards, Claims He's An Artist (VIDEO)
15 Incredible Cat Photobombs (PHOTOS)
Tornado Photos: Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa Hit By Twisters (PICTURES)
Eva Longoria Wardrobe Malfunction Exposes Actress' Lower Half At Cannes (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Staff Picks: Our Favorite Spring Produce
- Los Angeles: Eat the Huaraches and Gorditas at Antojitos Carmen
- Homeowner's Manual
- Ahead of Royal Baby, Princess Diana's Go-To Nursery Designers Debut New Baby Suite