Chicken Cutlets with Walnut Caper Brown Butter
Provided By: Kemp Minifie
By Kemp Minifie
Nuts, capers, lemon, and butter are four pantry/fridge standbys I'm never without in my kitchen and they've served me well on many a night when I haven't had a chance to think about dinner until the moment I walk through the front door. Individually, each adds a delicious layer of flavor but together they really rock. By simply browning the butter to toasty goodness with the nuts and then throwing in some capers and lemon for a briny-acid balance, you end up with a topping for chicken--or fish or vegetables for that matter--that tastes amazingly complex. Don't be surprised if the family squabbles over the last nubbins of sauce.
Heat a 12-inch heavy skillet (not non-stick) over moderately high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat bottom. Cook chicken in batches (don't crowd pan), turning once or twice, until just cooked through (adjust heat lower as necessary to keep bits on bottom from burning and add remaining tablespoon oil when pan begins to look dry in subsequent batches), 2 to 3 minutes total per batch.
Transfer chicken as cooked to a platter and keep warm loosely covered with foil.
Melt butter in skillet over moderate heat and when foam subsides, cook walnuts, stirring, until butter and nuts are deep golden and fragrantly toasty. Stir in garlic, and capers and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
Stir in lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste, then stir in parsley. Spoon mixture over chicken and serve with lemon wedges.
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Rich Chocolate Cake with Salty Dulce de Leche & Hazelnut Brittle
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
Add a Comment
How I Got The Name Whoopi Goldberg (VIDEO)
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Adam Lanza's Father: 'Evil' Sandy Hook Shooter Would Have Killed Me 'In A Heartbeat'
Joran van der Sloot Extradition: Will Face Extortion Charges In U.S. In 2038
Taylor Swift Tops Billboard's 2014 Money Makers List
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses