Chicken with Apples and Cider
If you prefer, swap in either bone-in chicken thighs, or drumsticks for the whole leg. If you'd rather use chicken breasts, plan on considerably less time in the slow cooker or the breast meat will be dry. It's easy to pull the skin off the legs, by grabbing it with a paper towel. The skin was removed to cut down on the amount of fat in the dish, but if you like, you can leave it on-just skim any fat from the surface of the sauce before serving.
In a 4 to 7 quart slow cooker, layer leeks, ginger, and apples, sprinkling salt, sage, and pepper over layers. Top with chicken and pour cider and lemon juice over.
Cover and cook over low for 6 hours until chicken is very tender. Transfer chicken to serving plates. Taste sauce for salt, adjusting if necessary and spoon sauce over chicken.
Add a Comment
Pamela Anderson Is Now A Brunette (No, We're Not Kidding)
Jada Pinkett Smith Rocked A Bikini This Thanksgiving While You Were Stuffing Your Face
Beyonce Posts Bikini Photos From Her Recent Jamaican Holiday
Kaley Cuoco Rocks Bikini While On Vacation With Fiance Ryan Sweeting
Julianne Hough Undergoes Hair Transformation, Wows With Extensions And Bangs
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have