Chocolate-Espresso Cream Pie
Provided By: Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350F.
Stir together crumbs, butter, and sugar and press on bottom and up side of a 9-inch pie plate (1-quart capacity). Bake until crisp, about 15 minutes, and cool on a rack.
Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, espresso powder, salt, and yolks in a 3-quart heavy saucepan until combined well, then add milk in a stream, whisking. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, whisking, then reduce heat and simmer, whisking, 1 minute (filling will be thick). Remove from heat, then whisk in chocolates, butter, and vanilla. Spoon filling into crust and chill pie, loosely covered, at least 6 hours. Cover surface of filling with a buttered round of wax paper and cool completely, about 2 hours
Just before serving, beat cream with espresso powder and sugar in a bowl using an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks, then spoon on top of pie.
- Crunchy Chocolate Almond Bites And Chocolate-Dipped Sweet Potato Chips
- Rich Chocolate Cake with Salty Dulce de Leche & Hazelnut Brittle
- Capunti Pasta with Dried Sweet Italian Peppers (Capunti Con Cruschi)
Add a Comment
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
- Malaysia Airlines Plane, Flight MH370, Goes Missing
- Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Did Michael Jackson Have A Secret Son? Well, Here's What's Going On
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses