Classic Buffalo Chicken Wings
I've taken some short-cuts here -- like baking the ribs instead of hauling out the deep-fat fryer. Like simplifying the dip by substituting a good bottled ranch dressing with built-in seasonings for the longer-winded mayo/sour cream/blue cheese combo. Finally, I use the pre-crumbled blue cheese supermarkets sell in little plastic containers and particularly like the Gorgonzola. Note: Buffalo Wings are messy finger-food, so put out plenty of paper napkins.
BAKE WINGS:Preheat oven to 425° F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with foil and set aside. Pat wings dry on paper toweling. Place oil, salt, and cayenne in large plastic zipper bag, seal, and squeeze to combine. Add 6 to 8 wings to bag, seal, and shake to coat with cayenne mixture. Arrange wings in single layer on foil-lined pan, spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart. Repeat until all wings are coated.
Bake uncovered -- one sheet at a time -- on middle oven shelf 20 to 25 minutes or until wings are lightly browned, tender, and no longer pink at bone. Meanwhile, combine ketchup, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce in large non-reactive bowl. Add baked wings and turn in sauce to coat.
MAKE DIP:Whisk together ranch dressing and 1/2 cup crumbled cheese to combine.
TO SERVE: Spoon dip into small bowl, sprinkle with remaining tablespoon crumbled cheese, and center on large round platter. Shake excess sauce off wings, then cluster with celery sticks around edge of platter - wings, celery, wings, celery, wings, celery.
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Chicken Cutlet with Aged Jack Cheese Crust and Spinach Salad
- Mustard-Garlic Chicken Paillards with Spring Peas and Lemon
Add a Comment
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
11-Year-Old Boy Stops Traffic To Rescue Dog Hit By Car (PHOTOS)
Andrew McCutchen Proposes To Girlfriend On 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' (VIDEO)
If Only All Moms Could Breastfeed Like Gisele
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Unusual Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips