Classic Buffalo Chicken Wings
I've taken some short-cuts here -- like baking the ribs instead of hauling out the deep-fat fryer. Like simplifying the dip by substituting a good bottled ranch dressing with built-in seasonings for the longer-winded mayo/sour cream/blue cheese combo. Finally, I use the pre-crumbled blue cheese supermarkets sell in little plastic containers and particularly like the Gorgonzola. Note: Buffalo Wings are messy finger-food, so put out plenty of paper napkins.
BAKE WINGS:Preheat oven to 425° F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with foil and set aside. Pat wings dry on paper toweling. Place oil, salt, and cayenne in large plastic zipper bag, seal, and squeeze to combine. Add 6 to 8 wings to bag, seal, and shake to coat with cayenne mixture. Arrange wings in single layer on foil-lined pan, spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart. Repeat until all wings are coated.
Bake uncovered -- one sheet at a time -- on middle oven shelf 20 to 25 minutes or until wings are lightly browned, tender, and no longer pink at bone. Meanwhile, combine ketchup, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce in large non-reactive bowl. Add baked wings and turn in sauce to coat.
MAKE DIP:Whisk together ranch dressing and 1/2 cup crumbled cheese to combine.
TO SERVE: Spoon dip into small bowl, sprinkle with remaining tablespoon crumbled cheese, and center on large round platter. Shake excess sauce off wings, then cluster with celery sticks around edge of platter - wings, celery, wings, celery, wings, celery.
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Chicken Cutlet with Aged Jack Cheese Crust and Spinach Salad
- Mustard-Garlic Chicken Paillards with Spring Peas and Lemon
Add a Comment
- Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
- 5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses