Classic Creamed Onions
Pat onions dry with paper towels. Heat oil in a large deep skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Add onions, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove pan from heat and add sherry. Simmer until reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 2 minutes. Transfer onion mixture with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
Add butter to skillet and melt over moderate heat. Whisk in flour, thyme, nutmeg and cloves and cook, whisking constantly, until golden in color, about 2 minutes. Add half and half and broth in a stream, whisking, then whisk until smooth. Simmer mixture until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Capunti Pasta with Dried Sweet Italian Peppers (Capunti Con Cruschi)
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
- Grilled Peppers, Eggplant & Zucchini with Lemon-Harissa Dressing
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
'Fashion Police' Mocks Pregnant Elsa Pataky's Oscars Look, Jokes About Her 'Beer Belly'
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
Kevin Spacey Proves Just How Ridiculous Female Celebrity Questions Are
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses