Classic Turkey Tetrazzini
I sometimes use fusilli instead of spaghettini -- even elbow macaroni -- because both are easier to cook, serve, and eat. I also sometimes substitute roast chicken for turkey (buy a rotisserie bird to save time). It's worth using Parmigiano Reggiano in this dish, now sold by many supermarkets -- the flavor is superior to domestic parmesans. Always serve Tetrazzini straight from the oven because on standing, the pasta absorbs the sauce and makes the dish dry. Before reheating any leftovers, mix in a little additional chicken broth, then cover and reheat about 20 minutes at 350°F.
Preheat oven to 375° F. Spritz shallow 2 to 2 1/2-quart casserole with non-stick cooking spray. Place turkey in large bowl and set aside. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large heavy skillet over moderately high heat, add mushrooms and scallions, and cook 6 to 8 minutes until limp; add to chicken.
Melt remaining butter in small heavy saucepan over moderate heat, blend in flour, add broth, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes until thickened and smooth. Mix in cream, Madeira, 1/4 cup parmesan, salt, and pepper, cook and stir 2 minutes; add to chicken mixture along with hot, drained spaghettini and pimientos. Toss well, scoop into casserole, and spread to edge. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup parmesan on top.
- Herb-Stuffed Turkey Thighs with White Wine Sauce (Tacchino Ripieno Con Salsa Al Vino Bianco)
- Roast Turkey Breast with Sage and Vegetable Stuffing
- Cranberry-Orange Glazed Duck with Apple-Pear Compote
Add a Comment
Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Obama Pushes Obamacare Enrollment On 'Between Two Ferns' With Zach Galifianakis
What Happens When 20 Strangers Are Paired Off And Asked To Kiss? Magic
Charlie The Dog's Life Saved By Drinking Vodka
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses