Corn and Coconut Muffins
Provided By: Sandy Gluck
Coconut takes the place of flour in the lightly sweetened muffins, while buttermilk keeps them nice and tender. Angel flake coconut is what youll typically find on the supermarket shelf-no need for a trip to the health food store. These will freeze successfully; wrap well and keep frozen up to 3 months.
Preheat oven to 450. Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liner.
In a food processor, whirl coconut until finely ground. In a large bowl, whisk together coconut, cornmeal, cornstarch, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add egg, oil, and buttermilk and stir just until thoroughly moistened.
Divide batter among muffin cups filling about 2/3 full. In a small bowl combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffins. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The Piazza Family Sicilian Caponata with Cornmeal Crackers
- Sicilian Rolled Peppers (Peperoni Arrotolati e Ripieni)
- Burrata with Asparagus, Pine Nuts, and Golden Raisins
Add a Comment
The Most Embarrassing I-Want-You-Back Texts We've Ever Read
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'
Jang Song Thaek, Kim Jong Un's Ousted Uncle, Reportedly Executed
Ellen DeGeneres Responds To Divorce Rumors As Only She Can
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Unusual Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips