Cornmeal-Crusted Oven Fried Chicken
Cornmeal isn't just for muffins. Use it to make a satisfying oven-fried chicken that will look and taste as good as the deep-fried version. Soaking the chicken breasts in buttermilk serves three functions: it tenderizes the meat, adds flavor, and help the cornmeal and spices to adhere. Any mix of your favorite spices would work well for the cornmeal coating.
Combine chicken and buttermilk in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. (The chicken can sit in the buttermilk for up to 8 hours, if you'd like.)
Preheat oven to 400 F. Brush a sheet pan with vegetable oil and set aside.
In a shallow baking dish, mix the cornmeal, salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Shake well to combine. Remove one piece of chicken from the buttermilk and shake off any excess liquid. Put the chicken in the dish one piece at a time and shake well to coat. Place the coated chicken pieces on the oil sheet pan as you work.
Brush the chicken with the remaining oil, and bake for 20 minutes. Serve Immediately.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||400||Calories from fat||126|
|Total Fat||14gm||22%||Saturated Fat||2gm||10%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Lauren Braun Costello
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Capunti Pasta with Dried Sweet Italian Peppers (Capunti Con Cruschi)
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Joran van der Sloot Extradition: Will Face Extortion Charges In U.S. In 2038
Adam Lanza's Father: 'Evil' Sandy Hook Shooter Would Have Killed Me 'In A Heartbeat'
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses