Cornmeal-Crusted Oven Fried Chicken
Cornmeal isn't just for muffins. Use it to make a satisfying oven-fried chicken that will look and taste as good as the deep-fried version. Soaking the chicken breasts in buttermilk serves three functions: it tenderizes the meat, adds flavor, and help the cornmeal and spices to adhere. Any mix of your favorite spices would work well for the cornmeal coating.
Combine chicken and buttermilk in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. (The chicken can sit in the buttermilk for up to 8 hours, if you'd like.)
Preheat oven to 400 F. Brush a sheet pan with vegetable oil and set aside.
In a shallow baking dish, mix the cornmeal, salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Shake well to combine. Remove one piece of chicken from the buttermilk and shake off any excess liquid. Put the chicken in the dish one piece at a time and shake well to coat. Place the coated chicken pieces on the oil sheet pan as you work.
Brush the chicken with the remaining oil, and bake for 20 minutes. Serve Immediately.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||400||Calories from fat||126|
|Total Fat||14gm||22%||Saturated Fat||2gm||10%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Lauren Braun Costello
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Capunti Pasta with Dried Sweet Italian Peppers (Capunti Con Cruschi)
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
Inside The Mind Of The Teenage Boy
Fired Founder: Men's Wearhouse 'Began Throwing Me Out Of My Office'
Jennifer Smith Changed How She Thought About Food And Lost 165 Pounds
Kelly Clarkson Responds To Cheating Rumors With Twitter Blast
Britney Spears On 'Chaotic': 'The Worst Thing I've Done In My Career'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Taming the Outdoors: How To Pick the Perfect Christmas Tree
- 15 Ideas For A Black And White Christmas