Crab Cakes with Homemade Tartar Sauce
To prepare the crab cakes: Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Whisk the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Squeeze the crabmeat to exude most of the excess moisture, then mix the crabmeat and panko into the mayonnaise and herb mixture. Using a 3-inch ring mold, form the crab mixture into 8 patties on the prepared baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 1 tablespoon of oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium-high heat. Add the crab cakes to the skillets and cook until golden on both sides, adding more butter and oil as needed, about 5 minutes total.
To serve: Mound the lettuce on 4 plates. Set 2 crab cakes on each plate. Top with the tartar sauce and serve with lemon wedges.
Add a Comment
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
Ellen DeGeneres Responds To Divorce Rumors As Only She Can
The Most Embarrassing I-Want-You-Back Texts We've Ever Read
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Unusual Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips