Creamy Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
Warm the milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts and set aside.
Peel and quarter the potatoes so they are of even size -- this will ensure they cook consistently. Place in a medium saucepan with cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, then add 1 teaspoon of salt. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are very tender. Drain, and then pass the potatoes through a food mill or a ricer into a large mixing bowl (alternatively, you can a potato masher or large fork). Stir in the warm milk and butter mixture until it is absorbed and the mixture is smooth. Add the 2 tablespoons of horseradish, season with salt and pepper and combine well. Finish it off by stirring in 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
- Capunti Pasta with Dried Sweet Italian Peppers (Capunti Con Cruschi)
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
- Woodman's Pasta with Mushroom Sauce (Pasta Al Boscaiola)
Add a Comment
Lindsay Lohan Poses In Cutout Swimsuit While In Miami
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have