Crushed Red Potatoes with Buttermilk
This simple preparation makes a smashing and virtually labor-free alternative to traditional mashed potatoes.
Cover potatoes with cold water in a large saucepan. Add salt and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander and transfer to a medium bowl. Coarsely crush the potatoes with a potato masher or the back of a large spoon. Gently stir in buttermilk and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total|
|Total Fat||0gm||0%||Saturated Fat||0gm||0%|
|Mono Unsaturated Fat||0gm||Protein||3gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
- Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with a Bacon-Parmesan Crust
- Roasted Cod and Potatoes with Orange Butter Gremolata
Add a Comment
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
11-Year-Old Boy Stops Traffic To Rescue Dog Hit By Car (PHOTOS)
Andrew McCutchen Proposes To Girlfriend On 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' (VIDEO)
If Only All Moms Could Breastfeed Like Gisele
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Unusual Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips