Crustless Crab Quiche
Here is an EatingWell take on a favorite seafood brunch dish that's usually dripping with saturated fat. Our version gets its richness from cottage cheese and yogurt, with a small amount of real Parmesan and Cheddar. We find that using just a little of a great-tasting cheese goes a long way in creating a full flavor.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to a large bowl. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the skillet and heat over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they have softened and most of their liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Add to the bowl with the onion mixture.
3. Place eggs, egg whites, cottage cheese, yogurt, flour, Parmesan, cayenne, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth. Add to the vegetable mixture, along with crab, Cheddar and scallions; mix with a rubber spatula. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
4. Bake the quiche until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total|
|Calories||225||Calories from fat||90|
|Total Fat||10gm||15%||Saturated Fat||4gm||20%|
|Mono Unsaturated Fat||3gm||Cholesterol||122mg||41%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
10 Vintage Styles That Really Need To Come Back
Andrew McCutchen Proposes To Girlfriend On 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' (VIDEO)
11-Year-Old Boy Stops Traffic To Rescue Dog Hit By Car (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar