Cucumber Martini With Blue Cheese
Peel the cucumber, and then make long thin slivers with the vegetable peeler. Peel the rest and pulse in a food processor with 1 cup of water. Strain using a sieve reserving the juice and discarding the pulp.
Prepare the blue cheese garnish. Make sure the cheese is refrigerated so it holds up while cutting and as well as in the martini. Cut the cheese into small 1/2 inch wedges. Take a sliver of cucumber and lay it flat on the boards. Place a wedge of cheese on top and roll the cucumber around the cheese and fix with a toothpick. You may have to trim the width of the cucumber sliver if it is too wide ? you want to be able to see the ends of the cheese.
To make the drink, fill a shaker with ice, add the gin, cucumber juice and vermouth. Cap and shake three times. Strain and serve in a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with the cucumber-wrapped blue cheese.
Add a Comment
This Girl's Reaction To 'Engagement Season' Is Pretty Much Perfect
Britney Spears On 'Chaotic': 'The Worst Thing I've Done In My Career'
Selena Gomez Curses, Storms Off Stage At Jingle Ball 2013
Obama Faces Backlash Over New Corporate Powers In Secret Trade Deal
Anne Hathaway In 'Sound Of Music Live'? Von Trapp Family Reveals Their Ideal Choice For Maria
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- This Incredibly Popular 'Food' Instagram Is Not What It Seems
- 18 Biggest Baking Mishaps and How To Avoid Them
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have