Cucumber Martini With Blue Cheese
Peel the cucumber, and then make long thin slivers with the vegetable peeler. Peel the rest and pulse in a food processor with 1 cup of water. Strain using a sieve reserving the juice and discarding the pulp.
Prepare the blue cheese garnish. Make sure the cheese is refrigerated so it holds up while cutting and as well as in the martini. Cut the cheese into small 1/2 inch wedges. Take a sliver of cucumber and lay it flat on the boards. Place a wedge of cheese on top and roll the cucumber around the cheese and fix with a toothpick. You may have to trim the width of the cucumber sliver if it is too wide ? you want to be able to see the ends of the cheese.
To make the drink, fill a shaker with ice, add the gin, cucumber juice and vermouth. Cap and shake three times. Strain and serve in a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with the cucumber-wrapped blue cheese.
Add a Comment
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Malaysia Airlines Plane, Flight MH370, Goes Missing
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses