Curried Roasted Apples and Parsnips
Roast apples with parsnips (sweet potatoes or turnips work, too) and a sprinkling of curry powder for a warmly spiced, ever so slightly sweet autumn side dish.
Heat the oven to 425 F while you prepare the parsnips and apples. Drizzle half the butter on the bottom of a roasting pan or baking sheet. Add the parsnips and apples and drizzle on the remaining butter; sprinkle with the curry powder and some salt and pepper and stir.
Roast the parsnips and apples, stirring once or twice, until they are tender and beginning to brown, 20 to 30 minutes. If they are browning too fast, lower the temperature to 400 F and stir more frequently. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve hot or warm.
Add a Comment
Drummer Lee Rigby Identified As Killed Soldier In London Attack
Ingrid Loyau-Kennett, Scout Leader, Reasoned With London Attackers
- Tiger's Basketball-sized Hairball Removed By Surgeons (VIDEO)
- Oklahoma Tornado: Bank Vault Saves 22 People From Storm's Destruction (PHOTOS)
Demi Moore Bikini: Ashton Kutcher's Ex Flaunts Killer Abs In A Tiny Two-Piece (PHOTO)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Staff Picks: Our Favorite Spring Produce
- Los Angeles: Eat the Huaraches and Gorditas at Antojitos Carmen