Delfina's Broccoli Rabe Pizza
Fresh mozzarella, salty caciocavallo cheese straight from Campania, pungent black olives, and peppery broccoli rabe make this one of our favorite pizzas in the West. Pizzaiolo Anthony Strong drizzles on a bit of cream before shoving the pizza in the oven, to keep the cheese from burning.
Heat a pizza stone or baking sheet on lowest rack of oven at 550° (or as high as oven will go) for at least 30 minutes. With flat side of a chef’s knife, mash a third of the mozzarella into a pulverized mass. Dice remaining mozzarella into 1⁄2-in. cubes. In a medium bowl, mix both mozzarellas with mozzarella liquid, caciocavallo, cream, and buttermilk. Season with 1⁄4 tsp. salt.
Cut broccoli rabe into 1-in. sections, discarding tough lower stems.
In a large frying pan over very low heat, cook garlic in oil, stirring often, until it starts to turn transparent, about 5 minutes. Add 1⁄4 tsp. chile flakes and toast for a second, then add broccoli rabe. Stir in remaining 1⁄4 tsp. salt and several grinds of pepper.
Increase heat to medium-high and cook broccoli rabe, stirring, until liquid starts to evaporate and broccoli rabe is tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes (don’t cook it into mush). If liquid is gone and broccoli rabe is still too crunchy, add 1⁄4 cup water and cook until tendercrisp, repeating if necessary.
Working with one ball of dough at a time (keep remaining balls tightly covered), set dough on a well-floured pizza peel or rimless baking sheet and stretch it into a 12-in. circle. Flop stretched-out dough onto peel.
Spread about 2⁄3 cup cheese mixture over dough. Top with 1⁄2 cup broccoli rabe, a generous pinch of chile flakes, and 2 tbsp. olives. Give peel a good shake every few seconds to keep dough from sticking.
Plant tip of pizza peel (or long edge of baking sheet) on pizza stone and shove pizza quickly onto it. Bake until pizza is puffy and browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Drizzle with oil.
Repeat with remaining two dough balls and topping.
Make Ahead: Cheese mixture and broccoli rabe topping,up to 1 day, chilled.
Related recipe: Delphina's Pizza Dough
|Per Single Serving / Serves 3 Total|
|Calories||157||Calories from fat||63|
|Total Fat||7gm||11%||Saturated Fat||3gm||15%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Sunset
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Mezzelune dolci (Half-Moon-Shape Sweet Pasta Filled with Candied Fruit)
- Capunti Pasta with Dried Sweet Italian Peppers (Capunti Con Cruschi)
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
Articles Like ThisMore Articles »
Add a Comment
- Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
'Fashion Police' Mocks Pregnant Elsa Pataky's Oscars Look, Jokes About Her 'Beer Belly'
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
Kevin Spacey Proves Just How Ridiculous Female Celebrity Questions Are
- Woman Who Was Abandoned In Burger King As A Baby Searches For Birth Mom On Facebook
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses