Divine Devil's Food Cupcakes
Devilishly delicious, dark and dense
Position rack in middle of oven. Heat to 350°F. Line 12 (or 24, if you have) regular-size (2 1/2-in.-diam) muffin cups with paper liners.
Batter: Whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Combine buttermilk (or yogurt mixture) and water in a small bowl. Beat butter in another large bowl with mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy. Add sugar and beat 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add cocoa mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture in 3 batches, beating just until well blended. Spoon into lined cups, filling each 2/3 full.
Bake 20 to 22 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in centers of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool in pan(s) on a wire rack 5 minutes before removing from pan(s) to rack to cool completely. If baking only 12 at a time, repeat with remaining batter.
Frosting: Heat chocolate and cream in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Add butter; whisk until melted and blended. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
Beat with mixer on medium-high speed about 3 minutes, until thick enough to spread.
To assemble: Swirl a heaping Tbsp frosting on each cupcake; dip in or scatter on sprinkles. Refrigerate 30 minutes, or until frosting sets.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 24 Total|
|Calories from fat||117||Total Fat||13gm||20%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
- 5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
- Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses