Easy Apple Strudel
When you pull this warm strudel from the oven, everyone will think it took hours to prepare. Not true, because this recipe uses puff pastry sheets and canned pie filling.
Heat the oven to 375°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 16x 12-inch rectangle. With the short side facing you, spoon the pie filling on the bottom half of the pastry to within 1 inch of the edge. Starting at the short side, roll up like a jelly roll. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Tuck the ends under to seal. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Cut several slits into the top of the pastry.
Bake for 35 minutes or until the strudel is golden brown. Let the strudel cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
- Rashida Jones: '2013 Was The Year Of The Very Visible Vagina'
- Grammy 2014 Snubs: Miley Cyrus Shut Out, Kanye West Comes Up Short, Lorde Lacks Best New Artist
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have