Heat oven to 375°F. Have a 13 x 9-in. baking dish ready. Mix marinara sauce and diced tomatoes in a medium bowl. In another bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1⁄2 cup Parmesan, the egg, basil and pepper.
Spread 1⁄2 cup sauce over bottom of baking dish. Put 3 noodles crosswise, not overlapping, on sauce. Drop 3 Tbsp ricotta mixture down center of each noodle and spread to cover noodles. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup mozzarella and about 11⁄3 cups chopped meatballs. Spoon 1 cup sauce evenly over top.
Repeat layering noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, meatballs and sauce twice. Top with remaining 3 noodles, remaining sauce, mozzarella and the 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan. Cover with nonstick foil or foil coated with nonstick spray.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes until hot and bubbly, removing foil for last 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total|
|Calories||713||Calories from fat||306|
|Total Fat||34gm||52%||Saturated Fat||16gm||80%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Herb-Stuffed Turkey Thighs with White Wine Sauce (Tacchino Ripieno Con Salsa Al Vino Bianco)
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
Add a Comment
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Taming the Outdoors: How To Pick the Perfect Christmas Tree
- 15 Ideas For A Black And White Christmas