Egg Drop Soup
In KitchenDaily's video series, Marcus' Kitchen, Chef Marcus Samuelsson demonstrates that "American" cuisine is really a delicious melting pot that draws upon flavors from all over the world, like with this Egg Droup Soup recipe. Watch the related video to see Marcus Samuelsson prepare the Egg Drop Soup.
Bring the 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. First add lemongrass (which alternately can be pounded, instead of chopped, and added to the pot as a whole stalk), as it needs to be cooked the longest. Add ginger, onions, soy, mushrooms and scallions. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and egg whites. Pour egg mixture into simmering broth mixture; stir once. Cook 1 minute.
Remove from heat; stir in pepper. Serve immediately.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Mezzelune dolci (Half-Moon-Shape Sweet Pasta Filled with Candied Fruit)
- Grilled Peppers, Eggplant & Zucchini with Lemon-Harissa Dressing
Add a Comment
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Joran van der Sloot Extradition: Will Face Extortion Charges In U.S. In 2038
Adam Lanza's Father: 'Evil' Sandy Hook Shooter Would Have Killed Me 'In A Heartbeat'
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses