Egg Drop Soup
In KitchenDaily's video series, Marcus' Kitchen, Chef Marcus Samuelsson demonstrates that "American" cuisine is really a delicious melting pot that draws upon flavors from all over the world, like with this Egg Droup Soup recipe. Watch the related video to see Marcus Samuelsson prepare the Egg Drop Soup.
Bring the 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. First add lemongrass (which alternately can be pounded, instead of chopped, and added to the pot as a whole stalk), as it needs to be cooked the longest. Add ginger, onions, soy, mushrooms and scallions. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and egg whites. Pour egg mixture into simmering broth mixture; stir once. Cook 1 minute.
Remove from heat; stir in pepper. Serve immediately.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Mezzelune dolci (Half-Moon-Shape Sweet Pasta Filled with Candied Fruit)
- Grilled Peppers, Eggplant & Zucchini with Lemon-Harissa Dressing
Add a Comment
11 Things You Never Knew You Could Find At Costco (PHOTOS)
This Is What Happened To The Original 'Sound Of Music' Cast
Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
This Photo Of Blue Ivy Carter Will Make You Smile
'How The Media Failed Women In 2013' Is One Video You Need To Watch This Year
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have