Eggnog Ice Cream
The spicy, eggy flavors of eggnog have been a part of American Christmas traditions for at least two centuries.
1. In a small bowl, combine brandy or rum and vanilla; sprinkle in gelatin and set aside to soften.
2. In a heavy saucepan, heat 1 1/2 cups of the milk over medium heat until steaming. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk.
3. Gradually pour the hot milk into the condensed milk/egg yolk mixture, whisking until blended. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the custard coats the back of the spoon lightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Do not overcook or boil, or the custard will curdle.
4. Strain the custard into a clean bowl. Add the softened gelatin mixture and whisk until it has melted. Whisk in nutmeg and the remaining 1 1/2 cups cold milk. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total|
|Calories from fat||63||Total Fat||7gm||11%|
|Saturated Fat||4gm||20%||Mono Unsaturated Fat||2gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
How I Got The Name Whoopi Goldberg (VIDEO)
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Adam Lanza's Father: 'Evil' Sandy Hook Shooter Would Have Killed Me 'In A Heartbeat'
Joran van der Sloot Extradition: Will Face Extortion Charges In U.S. In 2038
Taylor Swift Tops Billboard's 2014 Money Makers List
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses