Eggnog Ice Cream
Provided By: Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Everything you love about holiday eggnog in a rich, velvety ice cream.
Combine cream, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup sugar in a heavy medium saucepan. With tip of a paring knife, scrape seeds from vanilla bean into cream mixture, then drop in pod. Bring mixture just to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and let steep, covered, 20 minutes.
Whisk yolks with remaining 1/2 cup sugar in bowl until pale, then add hot spiced milk in a slow stream, whisking. Return to saucepan and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until mixture coats back of spoon and registers 170 to 175F on an instant-read thermometer (do not let boil). Immediately strain custard through fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, then whisk in bourbon and salt.
Chill custard at least 6 hours, then freeze in ice cream maker.
Make ahead: Custard can be chilled up to 1 day. Ice cream can be made 1 week ahead.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Mezzelune dolci (Half-Moon-Shape Sweet Pasta Filled with Candied Fruit)
- Capunti Pasta with Dried Sweet Italian Peppers (Capunti Con Cruschi)
Add a Comment
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
- 5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses