Whisk the yolks and lemon juice together in a large bowl set over a large deep saucepan of simmering water until light and fluffy, making sure that they do not get too hot, about 4 minutes. When the whisk is lifted, the mixture should be thick enough to form a figure 8 when drizzled.
Remove the bowl from the saucepan.
Once the yolks are fluffy and have a light lemon color, slowly drizzle in the warm clarified butter while whisking constantly to form a thick, creamy sauce. Do not add the butter too fast or the mixture will split.
Once all the butter has been incorporated, season the hollandaise sauce to taste with salt, cayenne pepper and more lemon juice, if desired. Thin the sauce with warm water if it becomes too thick.
Keep covered in a warm place until serving.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil.
Bake until the tomatoes' skins blister, about 7 minutes.
Remove from the oven and keep warm.
Meanwhile, return the reserved saucepan of water to a simmer over medium-high heat. Stir in the vinegar and a pinch of salt.
Crack 1 egg into a small bowl or cup and then gently transfer the egg to the simmering water.
Repeat with the remaining 3 eggs. Reduce the heat to medium so that the water simmers gently.
Poach the eggs until the whites are set but the yolks are still creamy, about 3 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, gently remove the eggs from the simmering water and set them on a paper towel or on an end piece of bread to absorb the excess water.
Toast the English muffins.
Arrange the English muffins cut side up on the work surface.
Loosely fold the prosciutto slices and set them atop the English muffins.
Top each with 1 poached egg.
Spoon some hollandaise sauce over the eggs.
Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
Serve the roasted tomatoes alongside and enjoy.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Mezzelune dolci (Half-Moon-Shape Sweet Pasta Filled with Candied Fruit)
- Grilled Peppers, Eggplant & Zucchini with Lemon-Harissa Dressing
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Lindsay Lohan Poses In Cutout Swimsuit While In Miami
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have