Espresso-Chili Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
By Gail Simmons
With clean hands, really rub/massage the rub into the meat. Using espresso in a chili rub is often referred to as a "cowboy" rub. The espresso is not overtly detectable as a flavor; the point of using it in a rub is to add flavor, yes, but also to give depth to the other flavors.
In a bowl, stir together espresso powder, oregano, chili powder, cumin, sugar and cayenne pepper; add garlic and zest and stir to combine. Pat pork dry and rub with spice mixture. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or up to 1 day.
Preheat oven to 425ºF with rack in middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove pork from refrigerator and let come to room temperature while you prepare potatoes.
Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick wedges. In a bowl, toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil; spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, cut-side down. Drizzle any oil left in bowl over potatoes and season potatoes with coarse salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes, then turn potatoes, switching any on edges that are turning deep golden with those in center (edges cook faster). Continue roasting until potatoes are deep golden, about 10 minutes more. Transfer pan to wire rack (leave oven on).
Heat a dry 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat (about 2 minutes). Add oil, then brown tenderloins, about 1 minute per side (3 to 4 minutes total). Transfer skillet to oven and cook pork until an instant-read thermometer inserted diagonally 2 inches into meat registers 155°F, about 16 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, then tent loosely with foil and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with sweet potato fries.
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Braised Pork Shoulder with Tomatoes, Cinnamon, and Olives Over Polenta
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Lindsay Lohan Poses In Cutout Swimsuit While In Miami
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have