Espresso-Chili Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
By Gail Simmons
With clean hands, really rub/massage the rub into the meat. Using espresso in a chili rub is often referred to as a "cowboy" rub. The espresso is not overtly detectable as a flavor; the point of using it in a rub is to add flavor, yes, but also to give depth to the other flavors.
In a bowl, stir together espresso powder, oregano, chili powder, cumin, sugar and cayenne pepper; add garlic and zest and stir to combine. Pat pork dry and rub with spice mixture. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or up to 1 day.
Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick wedges. In a bowl, toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil; spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, cut-side down. Drizzle any oil left in bowl over potatoes and season potatoes with coarse salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes, then turn potatoes, switching any on edges that are turning deep golden with those in center (edges cook faster). Continue roasting until potatoes are deep golden, about 10 minutes more. Transfer pan to wire rack (leave oven on).
Heat a dry 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat (about 2 minutes). Add oil, then brown tenderloins, about 1 minute per side (3 to 4 minutes total). Transfer skillet to oven and cook pork until an instant-read thermometer inserted diagonally 2 inches into meat registers 155°F, about 16 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, then tent loosely with foil and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with sweet potato fries.
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Braised Pork Shoulder with Tomatoes, Cinnamon, and Olives Over Polenta
Add a Comment
Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
The 1 Weirdest Thing You Never Knew About Your Home State
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
What Happens When 20 Strangers Are Paired Off And Asked To Kiss? Magic
Mummified Woman Believed To Have Died In 2008 Somehow Voted In 2010
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses