Fancy-Pants Potato Chip Canapes
Provided By: Ann Hodgman
In my house, we always serve potato pancakes with smoked salmon and sour cream. That led me to this recipe, which I think is more interesting than the usual salmon-on-bread canapé.. Although I just told you it didn't matter, I do strongly recommend unsalted kettle-style potato chips for this recipe. Smoked salmon is already so salty that salted chips would be overpowering, and regular chips are too fragile to stand up to being topped with stuff. Note that you need to start this recipe ahead of time. You also need to finish it just before serving. The worst of both worlds!but worth it.
Mash together the cream cheese, dill, scallions, capers, paprika, and lemon juice. Chill the mixture for at least two hours and up to a day. Bring it to room temperature before using.
When the mixture is at room temperature, carefully spoon a small dollop onto each potato chip. Top with a cube of smoked salmon, doing the best you can to make the cheese and salmon come out even. Top each canapé with a dill sprig if you want. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Note: Nutrition information is for 1 canape.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 50 Total|
|Calories||31||Calories from fat||18|
|Total Fat||2gm||3%||Saturated Fat||1gm||5%|
|Vitamin A||2%||Vitamin C||3%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Ann Hodgman
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Honey-Citrus Glazed Salmon with Caramelized Onion Mashed Potatoes
- Seared Ginger-Balsamic Salmon with Hot and Sour Slaw
- Roasted Salmon and Fennel with Orange Yogurt Sauce
Add a Comment
Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Obama Pushes Obamacare Enrollment On 'Between Two Ferns' With Zach Galifianakis
What Happens When 20 Strangers Are Paired Off And Asked To Kiss? Magic
Charlie The Dog's Life Saved By Drinking Vodka
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses