Filet Mignon with Caraway Cilantro Compound Butter
Compound butter is a classic sauce for steak, and this version boasts the unusual combination of caraway and cilantro. This method of cooking filet mignon is very straightforward, and yields a beautifully juicy result every time.
Stir together butter, cilantro, caraway, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Place compound butter in a piece of wax paper and roll into a cylinder, then refrigerate until ready to use.
Sprinkle steaks with remaining ½ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Heat oil in medium heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Sear beef, turning occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes total for medium rare. Transfer beef to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Remove strings and serve topped with compound butter.
Add a Comment
The Most Embarrassing I-Want-You-Back Texts We've Ever Read
Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Jang Song Thaek, Kim Jong Un's Ousted Uncle, Reportedly Executed
Ellen DeGeneres Responds To Divorce Rumors As Only She Can
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Unusual Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips