Provided By: Melissa Roberts
Combine apples with orange juice, sugar, and five-spice powder in a large pot. Cook on medium-low heat, covered and stirring occasionally, until fruit is very tender and broken down into a sauce, about 45 minutes. Mash any chunky apples with the back of a spoon if desired. Cool to room temperature or chill before serving.
Make ahead: Applesauce can be be made 1 week ahead, kept covered and chilled.
Add a Comment
How I Got The Name Whoopi Goldberg (VIDEO)
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Adam Lanza's Father: 'Evil' Sandy Hook Shooter Would Have Killed Me 'In A Heartbeat'
Joran van der Sloot Extradition: Will Face Extortion Charges In U.S. In 2038
Taylor Swift Tops Billboard's 2014 Money Makers List
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses