Provided By: Melissa Roberts
Combine apples with orange juice, sugar, and five-spice powder in a large pot. Cook on medium-low heat, covered and stirring occasionally, until fruit is very tender and broken down into a sauce, about 45 minutes. Mash any chunky apples with the back of a spoon if desired. Cool to room temperature or chill before serving.
Make ahead: Applesauce can be be made 1 week ahead, kept covered and chilled.
Add a Comment
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
If Only All Moms Could Breastfeed Like Gisele
10 Vintage Styles That Really Need To Come Back
11-Year-Old Boy Stops Traffic To Rescue Dog Hit By Car (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have