Flank Steak and Potato Ragu
This recipe calls for flank steak, a particularly flavorful cut of beef. It's served with a stewlike side of potatoes, chickpeas, onions and tomatoes. Watch the related video to see Marcus Samuelsson prepare the Flank Steak and Potato Ragu.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Add salt, pepper and potatoes to the pan. Sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chopped rough-cut onions to the mixture.
Add chickpeas and stir. Add tomatoes with their juice, simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by about two thirds, 5 to 8 minutes. Add butter and sauté for an additional 10 minutes.
While ragù is cooking, prepare steak: Pat steak dry. Mix salt and pepper in a small bowl, then rub three fourths of salt mixture on both sides of steak.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil, some garlic and some rosemary in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Add steak to pan and sear meat, turning over once. Cook 6 to 8 minutes total for rare (depending on thickness of steak).
Chop parsley and throw atop steak.
Optional finish: Add about a tablespoon of butter to steak and potatoes and swirl. Set steak aside to rest and keep warm.
Transfer steak to a cutting board and pour any meat juices from baking pan into the potato ragù. Holding knife at a 45-degree angle, cut steak across the grain into thin slices.
Serve sliced steak over the potato ragù. Finish with a squirt of lime juice over the entire dish.
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
- Bacon and Gorgonzola Cornbread Sliders with Chipotle Mayo
- Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with a Bacon-Parmesan Crust
Add a Comment
- Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
- 5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses