Fruit and Nut Couscous with Salmon Kebabs
Ever wonder how the local gourmet stores makes its couscous salad so golden yellow? It's turmeric. This spice lacks much flavor, but makes up for it in its exquisite color. The following recipe is as elegant as it is easy to make. Serve the couscous and the kebabs warm off the stove, or cold the next day.
In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, saute the onion in olive oil for about 5 minutes, until tender and turning golden brown. Add the turmeric, cumin, and coriander and stir well to coat. Add in the apricots and pistachios. Then add the couscous and combine well.
Return the chicken stock to a boil over high heat and pour it over the couscous mixture. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and remove from the heat. Let stand for 10-15 minutes, or until the broth is absorbed. Then fluff couscous with fork, and stir in the chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
Skewer the salmon on four small skewers. Combine the oil, turmeric, salt and pepper in a small bowl and brush on the salmon. Place the skewers on a broiling pan lined with aluminum foil and place under the broiler. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Serve the skewers salmon with the couscous.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Rigatoni ai carciofi (Rigatoni with Artichokes, Garlic, and Orange Zest)
- Rich Chocolate Cake with Salty Dulce de Leche & Hazelnut Brittle
Add a Comment
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Joran van der Sloot Extradition: Will Face Extortion Charges In U.S. In 2038
Adam Lanza's Father: 'Evil' Sandy Hook Shooter Would Have Killed Me 'In A Heartbeat'
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses