Glazed Almond and Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Provided By: Ruth Cousineau
TO MAKE CAKE:
Preheat oven to 350F with rack in middle of oven. Butter and flour a 6-cup bundt pan or a 9-inch square baking pan, knocking out excess flour.
Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Rub in butter with fingertips until mixture resembles oatmeal. Stir in egg, buttermilk, and extracts just until flour mixture is moistened. Stir in almonds and spread batter evenly in cake pan.
Bake until cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out dry, about 40 minutes. Cool cake in pan on a rack, 20 minutes, then invert onto a rack and cool completely.
TO MAKE GLAZE:
Stir together confectioners' sugar, cream, and extracts until smooth and drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Rich Chocolate Cake with Salty Dulce de Leche & Hazelnut Brittle
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
Add a Comment
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Unusual Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips