Glazed Almond and Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Provided By: Ruth Cousineau
TO MAKE CAKE:
Preheat oven to 350F with rack in middle of oven. Butter and flour a 6-cup bundt pan or a 9-inch square baking pan, knocking out excess flour.
Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Rub in butter with fingertips until mixture resembles oatmeal. Stir in egg, buttermilk, and extracts just until flour mixture is moistened. Stir in almonds and spread batter evenly in cake pan.
Bake until cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out dry, about 40 minutes. Cool cake in pan on a rack, 20 minutes, then invert onto a rack and cool completely.
TO MAKE GLAZE:
Stir together confectioners' sugar, cream, and extracts until smooth and drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Rich Chocolate Cake with Salty Dulce de Leche & Hazelnut Brittle
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
Add a Comment
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Did Michael Jackson Have A Secret Son? Well, Here's What's Going On
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses