Good Old-Fashioned Apple Pie
Place oven rack in lowest position. Heat to 375°F. Have ready a 9-in. pie pan or plate and a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet (to catch any drips).
Line pie pan with 1 crust as box directs. Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add apples; toss gently to mix and coat. Spread in pie pan, tucking them to fit. Scrape any juices in bowl over apples; dot with butter.
Top with re-maining crust. Gently press edges together, turn under and flute or crimp if desired. Brush crust with milk; sprinkle with sugar. Cut 4 slits on top of pie to vent.
Place on lined sheet; bake on low oven rack 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F and bake 50 to 60 minutes longer, until crust is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced through a slit. (If top browns too quickly, drape loosely with foil.) Remove to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Planning Tip: This pie is best the day it’s baked, but it can be refrigerated, covered, up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||409||Calories from fat||153|
|Total Fat||17gm||26%||Saturated Fat||8gm||40%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Joran van der Sloot Extradition: Will Face Extortion Charges In U.S. In 2038
Adam Lanza's Father: 'Evil' Sandy Hook Shooter Would Have Killed Me 'In A Heartbeat'
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses